When you are out and about taking photographs you can sometimes make some stupid and silly mistakes, especially when you are in a rush. If you follow most of these rules and tips then you should hopefully never miss a moment, break your equipment or injure yourself. Feel free to comment your own basic rules and tips below. I will add them onto the lists.Basic
- Always take the lens cap off.
- Make sure the camera is on.
- A big aperture number is a small hole.
- Set the ISO correctly for the scene. Don't leave it at what it was for your last shoot.
- Charge your battery the day before a shoot.
- Copy photos of the memory card after a shoot then wipe the card for next time.
- If you are taking a tripod make sure you remember to bring the camera mount!
- Don't try and take photos while crossing a busy road.
- Always have the strap round your neck. You will drop it at some point.
- Put your lens cap on if you have to scramble up something or you will break your lens.
- Swap memory cards if one is nearly full and there is a lull in the photo shoot. You may miss photos later if you have to swap at an important time.
- Take a camera (even a compact) where ever you go or you will miss something unique and beautiful.