I currently work as React developer for Chetwood Financial, a startup bank in Wrexham, Wales. Previously I was a frontend developer for The Realbuzz Group for over 7 years. Throughout this time I have always pushed to learn more and develop myself and those around me.
Read on for a high level overview or visit LinkedIn for a more in depth overview of my career.
- Building lightweight & robust consumer-facing Web Apps using React Redux, Gatsby, REST APIs and OAuth
- Building React component libraries, Redux store handlers and Node
- Building marketing websites using Python/Django/Wagtail
- Creating tooling and ops utils using Webpack, Gulp and Node
- Building email comms using Gulp! and MJML
- Managing DNS, hosting and deployment pipelines on Netlify, Heroku and AWS
- Writing unit tests with Jest and end 2 end tests with Playwright
- Configuration of services including Sentry, PagerDuty and Pingdom
- Improving the platform with accessibility enhancements
- Creating multi-branded applications using internationalisation
- Working with designers and backend developers to advance the platform
Senior frontend developer - The Realbuzz Group
- Front end development of multiple client websites, internal projects, and flagship brands
- Building rich features including comments and user chat using React and REST APIs
- Lead frontend developer of the flagship Realbuzz.com website including building a bespoke SCSS framework & React comment system
- Sole developer of the Realbuzz Group corporate website, written in Django with an SCSS framework and jQuery frontend
- Illustration and graphic work including vector icons and anatomical diagrams
- Managed a team of frontend developers (internal/contractors) building Realbuzz.com
- Leading a multi-disciplined team including frontend developers, web designers and designers including managing time, workload and personal commitments
- Guiding team members on best practices and feedback (via design critique and code reviews)
Web developer & designer - The Realbuzz Group
- Rebuilt My50.com frontend, with backend PHP changes to templates
- Use of Sass, Gulp, Grunt and other pre-compilers to enhance the range of browsers supported.
- Advertising banners, HTML5, Flash and Gif.
- Print & multimedia work including interactive CD-Roms
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members
- Responsive, mobile-first websites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Backend development with PHP, WordPress, Python and Django
- Icon, logo, illustration and character design for print and web using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Web advertising work has used both Flash and gifs for animation
- Interactive games, portfolios and animated logos using Flash
- SEO, optimisation and accessibility